Welcome to the 2023 Best In The Desert Season!
Some important changes and updates to the Media Regulations for 2023 are now in effect. Please read them carefully before you apply for Media Credentials for Best In The Desert races.
All Media badges, vehicle placards, and bibs will be issued on a per race basis.
1. Must apply for media credentials no later than 10 days before each race, no exceptions.
2. Must read the Media Safety Regulations Agreement and electronically sign the event specific Media Waiver before any approvals are given.
3. Must attend the Mandatory Media Meeting at each race, no exceptions.
4. Must purchase a race-dedicated, numbered bib of a specific color for each race. At the Media Meeting, as bibs are passed out, someone from BITD will add the number of the bib to the Registered Media list.
5. Must purchase the BLM mandated BITD branded vehicle flag and post on their vehicle.
6. Must wear at all times their individualized media badge, and wrist band, and place the numbered vehicle placard on the front and rear of each vehicle, as well as display the flag.
7. Vehicle placards will be individually numbered. Those numbers are recorded and supplied to BITD personnel for sharing with BLM as necessary.
8. Badges, bibs, wrist bands, parking placards, and vehicle flags will be available for pickup only at safety meeting.
9. No credentials of any form will be supplied to media who have not paid their event BITD Media and BLM Photo Permit fees.
10. BITD sponsors who request Media Credentials will have to be approved by Bryan Folks and sign the Media Waiver before consideration